21 Aug Why a licensed roofing contractor is your best choice
Since selling his roofing company in New Jersey and moving to Florida, where he opened Integrity Roofing in Palm Beach County, Karl Calkin has heard a lot of stories about shady roofers and home repair scams. In one case, scammers were going door to door in Boynton Beach and Delray Beach offering roofing services – they take the money and the work never gets done.
As a homeowner, one of the best ways you can protect yourself from unscrupulous people who want to take advantage of you is to hire a licensed roofing contractor – like Boca Raton based Integrity Roofing.
Requirements for a Florida Roofing Contractor’s License
In Florida, the Department of Business and Professional Regulation is responsible for issuing licenses to eligible roofing contractors from Palm Beach County and across the state.
An individual wanting to become certified as a roofing contractor and receive a license from the State of Florida must a number of stringent requirements, including:
- EXAMINATION: Individuals seeking licensure as a CERTIFIED contractor must first take and pass a state certification examination.
- EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: Applicants are required to have four years of experience or a combination of college and experience. This is not a complete listing of all experience/education requirements; please see the application’s instruction page for complete information.
- FINANCIAL/CREDIT: Applicants will need to provide proof of financial stability and responsibility by submitting credit reports for themselves and the business entities (if applicable). Credit reports must include a FICO derived credit score and indicate that local, state and federal records have been searched
Benefits of Hiring a Licensed Roofing Contractor
When you hire a licensed roofing contractor in Palm Beach County – like Integrity Roofing Company – you know that the roof builders working on your house have met certain standards. Hiring a licensed roofer in Delray Beach or Boynton Beach also means you’ll have the benefit of:
- Experience: A licensed roofing contractor – like Integrity Roofing Company of Palm Beach County – has demonstrated a certain level of skill and expertise in order to get their license.
- Safety: Among many other things, that experience means a licensed Boca Raton roofing contractor knows the proper way to work with roofing materials and equipment as well as under the demanding conditions that can be found in this line of work.
- Warranties: A roofing company that has confidence in the work it produces isn’t afraid to offer a warranty. At Integrity Roofing Company of Palm Beach Company, we offer a 10, 15 or 20-year warranty on every roof that we install as well as a two-year warranty on all roof repairs in Boca Raton, Delray Beach and Boynton Beach and the other communities that we serve.
Integrity Roofing Company in Palm Beach County is fully insured and licensed under the State of Florida, license # RC29027398. Contact us for more information or to schedule a quote.